The guys at http://www.stopandbreath.com offer the following advice to harness the mindfulness potential of your breathing:
Learning to breath properly is easy and will reward you with immediate results. Simply follow these 7 easy steps….
- Stand or sit comfortably with a straight spine.
- Relax your shoulders and place your hands on your lap or at your side.
- Exhale completely, drawing the diaphragm in and up.
- Slowly inhale through your nose by contracting your diaphragm out and down. Your belly should rise, followed by your mid-chest and finally your upper-chest as air fills your lungs.
- Slowly exhale through your nose while drawing your diaphragm and up.
- Repeat this process 3 time, taking consecutively fuller breaths with each inhale.
Congratulations, you’ve just taken 3 deep breaths! Many people have not taken the time to breath this deeply since childhood!